Friday 29 July 2016

Karma and Destiny


Have you ever wondered what's the difference between karma and destiny? What is it that pulls the strings of our life? God does not write our fate, then who? The answer is 'you'. Believe it or not only you govern your life's events. It's your karma, your destiny that you created.

What is Karma?

Karma and destiny are two related words of which everyone have their own explanations. 

The theory of karma existed in India before the advent of Buddha, but it was Buddha who explained this doctrine in its true sense.
According to Buddhism Karma is intention, a willful action. One does karma by way of body, speech and intellect. The Buddha tried to redefine karma by emphasizing on 'intentions behind the action' pointing on a deeper truth. It is the will of spirit in action.

How Destiny means different from it? 

Let's take an example to define them more clearly. There is a popular saying "You reap what you sow". Here seed is destiny which offers opportunities in life. The kind of seed we want to sow is our choice. If I sow a rose seed, that is my path, my destiny, I choose which will only give me rose flower and not lotus flower. Now after that seed is sown, it asks for my maintenance. I look after it well and give it my care. That is my karma, sowing it in the right soil and watering it properly. This way I created my destiny by my karma.
This is called the law of cause and effect which has no beginning, no end. Destiny merely is not related to body, but the soul. Everyone is bound by the destiny which he carries in his palms even after reincarnation. We are responsible for our own growth. We are responsible for our own success and failure; happiness and misrey. We create our own heaven. We create our own hell. We are the architects of our fate.

If I sum up the whole thing, we can say karma governs destiny.. destiny governs karma. Our souls move in a never ending cycle of birth and rebirth to which we name reincarnation. We don't have much control over our destiny but karma can be changed. Karma is the result of our free will, our actions. We are solely responsible for everything that happen to us. 



3 comments:

  1. An Awesome and simple work to explain it so easily :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my work. I tried my best to explain. :D

      Delete